Friday, May 3, 2013

It's a good day for a sunburst!

I tried to scrap some fall photos the other day.  Didn't work out.  This is the time of year where everyone comes out of hibernation and basks in the sunshine.  So warm spring and summer layouts it is!  This one was really fun to make.  The hubs thinks it looks "unfinished" but I didn't want to cover up too much of the sunny rays so I think it's just fine the way it is.  What do men know about this sort of thing anyway? ;-)  Happy Friday everyone!  Hope you all have a fabulous weekend.


I started out by cutting a sunburst mask out of cardstock.

Placed the mask over another piece of white cardstock, grabbed a circle stencil, and added some yellow mist.

I layered a red mist over the yellow to get some firey orange in there.

Removed the mask and got a great contrast of the bright colors and the bright white!

Outlined the rays with a roller pen, stamped and added a bit of shiny bling 

Really felt like I had to bring the green from the grass in the photo into the layout and settled on  these green rosettes.

Materials used:
white cardstock
Heidi Swapp Color Mists in Mustard and Sweet Cherry
Tim Holtz Visual Artistry Lost and Found cling stamps
Sticko dimensional stickers
Webster's Pages bloomers in Happy Green
Graphic Call 45 Curtain Call Let's Dance patterned paper
vellum phrase from who knows where
Roller pen



8 comments:

  1. Love that starburst Shawna. Such a lovely summery layout. Gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So creative your use of the double masking ! Love that sunburst

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! This one was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this layout!!! So creative. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha! Seen this linked up at The Memory Nest and noticed my comment from a year ago! I still adore this layout ;) to pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great tutorial and love this layout

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really cool! I always love sunburst designs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Even you old layouts are great. YOu are one talented lady. Thank you for sharing - I appreciate it, Shawna!!!

    ReplyDelete